Items in Dark Summoner
There are a number of items available in Dark Summoner, some can be purchased with Soul Points (mostly available as premium, paid content), and most can be obtained through special events, boss battles or other methods.
- Energy Potions refill the player's energy (used for missions, raid battles and special events) completely.
- My Energy Potions also completely refill the player's energy, but are non-tradable.
- My 100 Energy Potions refill 100 energy, and are non-tradable.
- Energy Potions cost 100 soul points in the Store. (~$1.00 USD)
Energy Potions are very valuable to high-level players, as energy refills slowly over time, meaning that it will take 10 times longer for a player with 300 energy to refill than one with 30 energy. It is much more profitable for low-level players to trade energy potions than to use them in most cases, as high-level players have access to many more rare and powerful creatures that they are willing to trade.
Battle Point Potions
- Battle Point potions refill the player's Battle Points (used for battling other players) completely.
- My Battle Point Potions also completely refill the player's Battle Points, but are non-tradable.
- My 100 Battle Point Potions refill 100 Battle Points, and are non-tradable.
- Battle Point Potions cost 100 soul points in the Store. (~$1.00 USD)
Battle Point potions refill the player's BP gauge. Battle points are used for players to PVP battle. Again, as with energy potions, low-level players are better off trading than using BP potions in most cases. These are generally considered less valuable than energy potions, but are still very much desired by players that are trying to reach the top tiers of the battle ranking ladders.
- Elixirs refill the player's energy and Battle Points (used for battling other players) completely.
- My Elixirs also completely refill the player's energy and Battle Points, but are non-tradable.
- My 100 Elixirs refill 100 energy and Battle Points, and are non-tradable.
- Elixirs cost 150 soul points in the Store. (~$1.50 USD)
Elixirs refill both the BP gauge and the Energy gauge. They are mostly only available as premium items purchasable with Soul Points. As with Energy Potions and Battle Point Potions, they are the most valuable to high-level players, and have more benefit to lower level players as items for trade.
Gold can be obtained by doing missions, awarded for various achievements, mission boss battles, selling monsters, PVP battles or as part of daily bonuses. Its only use at this time is for spending on leveling up monsters via sacrifice.
Summons are used to summon mostly low-tier monsters, and can be obtained through login bonuses for the most part. As of this time, C through A tier creatures have been obtained via this item.
There are various special summons in Dark Summoner, which either limit (Such as B-Level Summons) or expand the kind of creature that can be obtained from use. Most special summons are obtained through Special Events, and can be the only way to obtain the rarest and most powerful monsters in the game, except for trading.
A Dark Summon is basically an upgrade of the Normal Summon item. It can be obtained through special daily login bonuses or by purchase with Soul Points. Since it is mostly a premium item, it is uncommon and moderately valuable. B through AA tier monsters have been obtained through this item at this time.
(Ed: A tier limit is uncertain with Dark Summons. Please update if you have obtained a higher-tier monster through this method.)
Monster Limit +
These items expand the number of monsters that can be kept in your inventory at one time by 10. Ateam Inc recently announced that they would be removing this item as a purchasable item, and it would only be obtainable in the future through special events or similar. This makes this item extremely valuable, especially to high-level players that may need more inventory space.
Player Name Change
This item is rarely found in the store, and offers the ability to change a player's username once. Surprisingly, it is highly trasured and mostly sold for an exaggerated amount of energy potions.
Skill Point Reset
- Skill Point Resets cost 3000 soul points in the Store (~$30.00 USD)
This is a premium item, and the most expensive one available in the Shop at this time. However, if you find that you have (for example) built your character as a PVP machine but want to be able to do more missions, this might be the only way to go. Best used as a last resort, as it is the ultimate case of an ounce of prevention preventing a pound of cure.